Request Peer Notes
Peer Notetaker Program
Students with documented disabilities may be eligible to receive class notes from a classmate as an accommodation through Disability Services. Below are the steps for students who qualify for this accommodation:
How to Request Class Notes
- Submit your Semester Request in Accommodate for the term to send Faculty Accommodation Letters to your faculty ASAP. See the step-by-step instructions here.
- Review your course and the class format to determine if supplemental notes are needed. (Ex: peer notes for an online or asynchronous courses typically are not needed.)
- Fill out the Request Peer Note-taker Form with the classes you are requesting peer notes.
- Contact Disability Services if you encounter any problems or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your request is placed, Disability Services will anonymously email the class roster. After a Peer Note-taker is assigned, you will receive an email notification from Accommodate each time notes are uploaded.
Peer Notetaker Program Policies
- Disability Services coordinates the Peer Notetaker Program and keeps all parties' identities anonymous.
- Inform Disability Services if you require notes in a particular file format so that they can be accessed with assistive technology.
- Attend all of your courses to determine if notes and/or PowerPoint slides will be available to the class, mitigating your need for supplemental notes.
- Receiving peer class notes as an accommodation does not replace your responsibility to attend or participate in class.
- If you are able to do so, you are encouraged to still take your own class notes and use peer class notes as a supplement.
- Notes received are not to be shared in any way.
Are you interested in being a Peer Notetaker?
Disability Services recruits dozens of volunteers to share their class notes each semester. Do you take legible, neat, and well-organized class notes? Do you regularly attend class? If your answer is yes, you would make a great peer note-taker! Watch for an email announcement to your UCCS email requesting a volunteer. As an incentive, peer note-takers who consistently share their notes throughout the semester receive Clyde's Cash, which can be used at the campus dining facilities.