COVID-19 Precautions & Procedures
Accommodated testing services for students with disabilities will be significantly reduced due to limited space, distancing requirements and staff ability to administer exams. Disability Services accommodations that are more widely used (extended testing time, reduced distraction setting, enlarging text, printed on different colored paper instead of white paper, etc.) will be facilitated directly by faculty. Disability Services will provide limited test proctoring for students with more complex accommodations such as use of multiple assistive technology software applications and paper version.
Students who qualify for testing accommodations and have in-person exams that are not available in an online format, can request an appointment through Disability Services for on- campus administration. These are the procedures students/faculty/staff will need to follow:
- Disability Services staff will only accept exams via email from faculty for contact-free delivery of exam materials.
- Disability Staff will only return completed exams via scan/email to ensure contact-free exchange.
- Student check-in will be done by DS staff following appropriate distancing guidelines behind a plexiglass barrier.
- Office floor areas will be marked for one-way traffic flow and following appropriate distancing guidelines.
- In-person exam appointments will be widely spaced to avoid interaction and increased risk of contact. A reduced number of up to 13 students may sit for exams in the Testing Center at the same time following appropriate distancing guidelines. This is a 35% reduction of typical capacity.
- Testing carrels will be marked as available within the distancing parameters.
- Students will be asked to limit the items which are not necessary to complete their exams (snacks, water, backpacks, etc.).
- Students will use hand sanitizer when entering the Testing Center.
- Face coverings will be required for unvaccinated students and encouraged for all students when testing in Disability Services.
- Students will be required to use their own testing supplies such as calculators, rulers, etc.
- Students will return their completed exam (in supplied envelope) in designated basket, ensuring a touch-less exchange of paper exam materials.
- Staff will clean testing area following each student testing session.